3 Graduate Credit Hours (ED500)
Teaching is a serious profession. Who we are and what we do make such an impact in the lives of children. Consequently, we need to be aware of what is going on in our students and in ourselves. Awareness is the fuel for educating and student learning.
We, as teachers, must support the education revolution and think about what is in the best interest of children/students, by inviting our teaching profession to become more aware of what is really going on with students and in ourselves by helping communicate that to each other. By this awareness and discussion, new possibilities will emerge. We want to make a positive difference in the lives of our students.
Students in today’s schools are telling us that they need something different and want us to help empower them to be successful.
Required Text(s) and Other Materials:
All materials will be provided by the instructor in the Canvas classroom.
Learning Management System: Internet access, connection to Canvas learning management system portal.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Evaluate their learning style and set goals for change
· See the educational system through a different scope
· Adjust teaching styles to meet the needs of todays generation
· Better create connections between community and students
· Assist students in moving outside of their comfort zone
· Focus on positivity and resolve the negative conflicts surrounding schools
· Reflect on current and past ideals and look forward to future goals in the classroom
Be a Top Ten Teacher!
Mercedes Rasmussen, M.A, M.Ed., is a business teacher and DECA sponsor with 25 years of experience in the secondary classroom and 2 years of experience as an instructor at the University level in the area of Teacher Education. She believes in the power of building strong relationships with students and building a warm and welcoming classroom environment. In her free time Mercedes enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 sons. She is passionate about helping teachers enhance and build curriculum that engages students and helps to build excitement and confidence.